11/30/2012

Day 147

My calculations may be off, but I believe that today; November 30th, 2012, is in fact Day 147 of my "Fitness Journey." Though I feel like a schlugg calling it that anymore. I have not been exercising at all. Also; with the recent tightness of our funds, combined with the ensuing holiday season, and the franticness of our impending living situation change; I have not been able to do much more than mooch food off of other household members and walk around the block when I have some time and/or I'm on the phone planning said franticness. With this humdrum of same old, same old, and the not so healthy dietary choices of those I have to mooch off of, I have stabilized and am now maintaining on the upper threshold of my normal size and weight. I am in my "fat pants" and they fit comfortably. Which in and of itself makes me uncomfortable. I can technically still wear my "regular" pants... can anyone say "Muffin Top?" Seriously. I can however, admit that my healthy and fitness levels have been on my mind a great deal lately. There is now less than 10 months until my own wedding... Not that my wedding will, in the long run, be qualifying motivation for sufficient lifestyle changes in the area in question. However, once we move and start life elsewhere, in a more... gratifying place, I feel I will be able to make a bit of progress.
Yes, I understand that if I want change it should start now, and excuses are a dime a dozen, and the grass is always greener on the other side. These are all true statements, and I honestly agree with them. However, the way I figure it; Once I'm out from under the dictatorship that is my mentality of living with someone else under their roof by their rules in their space, I will be more free to feel like myself. I can say this because it HAS happened before. I HAVE made some progress in the past. Though all progress was swiftly wiped out by external forces and my personal stress created due to them. But, since I recognize this now; I can take steps to rectify it in the future. If I simply do what I did when I was on my own, I am certain I can progress, in the very least, to the point I was when I felt my best.

Once upon a time I woke up at 6:30 almost every day to exercise in my living room before work. I would eat something both before and after my exercising. I would eat healthy snacks every 2-3 hours and make myself a healthy lunch and a tiny dinner. I ate fish and fruits and vegetables. Even though it was a rotten neighborhood, I did make it outside every once in a while for a walk. My job was also slightly active, I didn't sit in one spot for more than half an hour at a time... The kink in my plan however is my impending nuptials and what the addition of a secondary party, permanently, upon my chosen lifestyle will mean. We have spoken already about what we do like and what we will want when we no longer live under this roof, but acquire a domain of our own, and gratifyingly so; our scopes are rather similar...
If you hadn't already guess it; it is far past my bed time and I cannot sleep so I'm throwing big words into a blog that no one really reads. I'm a terrible blogger and am not keeping up with anything because I hold little to no hope for anything anymore. On that note; good night, and good luck with your own health and fitness fiasco's.

No comments:

Post a Comment