I've decided I just have to do things. Whether I'm feeling motivated or not. I may hate every second of it. But I still should do it. Then there's the questions; how do you make yourself do something if your unmotivated? Simple (well, not so simple as all that) Set Goals! However, if you're like me, goals aren't that easy to come by due to over-anaylization and ultra logic kicking in. For instance, I'd like to not look like a frump as my Best Friend's Maid of Honor, but that's a ways off, I haven't purchased the dress yet, and I know that they will fit it to me. So it's intangible to think that I need to get fit and healthy for something I don't sense the urgency for. Then what's the goal motivator I speak so highly of. Something more tangible no doubt. At the end of this month, I have another wedding to attend. I booked the rooms for us today! So now I have a monetary investment in this, I also know that I cannot afford, nor do I want to try to find, a new dress to attend this wedding. So I've set my sights on my fail safe; Calvin Dress. Yet, it's no longer a fail safe. Because I'm larger now than I was when I got it, I was still heavier, but now I also lack the defining muscle of this size that I am, so I am more rotund, and I definitely do NOT want to be the grooms friend's fat girlfriend in the could be sexy dress, if only her body weren't spilling out and rolling everywhere. And I do think I can get there. I have 30 days from today to get to it. And if I actually stick to being healthy without outside motivators, and I "motivate" myself, then I CAN do it! That being said; construction on the bathroom resumed today, and carried on until about 5 minutes ago. So I went for a long walk. I tried to run a little, but my shins would not allow it, nor would my knee. Unless the surface I was walking on was completely flat my knee also acted up. AND unless I walked just below a quick pace, my knee acted up. I really wish I knew what was up with my bones and joints. I'm only 26. I do believe that construction will continue tomorrow, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do. I will be doing laundry, and if nothing else, I'll also go for another brisk enough but not quick walk.
8/02/2012
Day 26
I've decided I just have to do things. Whether I'm feeling motivated or not. I may hate every second of it. But I still should do it. Then there's the questions; how do you make yourself do something if your unmotivated? Simple (well, not so simple as all that) Set Goals! However, if you're like me, goals aren't that easy to come by due to over-anaylization and ultra logic kicking in. For instance, I'd like to not look like a frump as my Best Friend's Maid of Honor, but that's a ways off, I haven't purchased the dress yet, and I know that they will fit it to me. So it's intangible to think that I need to get fit and healthy for something I don't sense the urgency for. Then what's the goal motivator I speak so highly of. Something more tangible no doubt. At the end of this month, I have another wedding to attend. I booked the rooms for us today! So now I have a monetary investment in this, I also know that I cannot afford, nor do I want to try to find, a new dress to attend this wedding. So I've set my sights on my fail safe; Calvin Dress. Yet, it's no longer a fail safe. Because I'm larger now than I was when I got it, I was still heavier, but now I also lack the defining muscle of this size that I am, so I am more rotund, and I definitely do NOT want to be the grooms friend's fat girlfriend in the could be sexy dress, if only her body weren't spilling out and rolling everywhere. And I do think I can get there. I have 30 days from today to get to it. And if I actually stick to being healthy without outside motivators, and I "motivate" myself, then I CAN do it! That being said; construction on the bathroom resumed today, and carried on until about 5 minutes ago. So I went for a long walk. I tried to run a little, but my shins would not allow it, nor would my knee. Unless the surface I was walking on was completely flat my knee also acted up. AND unless I walked just below a quick pace, my knee acted up. I really wish I knew what was up with my bones and joints. I'm only 26. I do believe that construction will continue tomorrow, so I'm not sure what I'll be able to do. I will be doing laundry, and if nothing else, I'll also go for another brisk enough but not quick walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment